MONSTER SCOOTERS ARE THE BEST !!!
Eco-friendly, non-motorised, off-road scooters for the whole family.
Introducing New Zealand’s very first Monster Scooter Adventure Park – family fun in a stunning outdoor environment with fresh air and local wildlife. Struggling to find an activity to suit everyone in your family? We have the answer! Whether it be a family or mates day out, a birthday party, team building or celebration activity; you will be thrilled at the fun and excitement of your experience.
These non – motorised, off-road scooters are fantastic fun for young, old and just about everyone in between. From toddlers to teens and grandparents – you’ll be sure to have a blast. With a range of tracks to suit age and ability, you’ll find Monster Scooters to be a truly unique adventure. Enjoy a thrilling ride down the track, meander through the breathtaking indigenous forest whilst enjoying the breathtaking scenery. Once you reach the bottom meeting point, you’ll get to sit back and enjoy an off-road meander back up the mountain in one of our shuttle buses. Easy as!
Click the link below to view the different scooter trails.
|Individual Passes||Child (8 - 15 yrs)||Adult (16 yrs +)|
|1 pass + shuttle||$12||$15|
|3 pass + shuttles||$30||$35|
|5 pass + shuttles||$40||$50|
|7 pass + shuttles||$55||$65|
|5 pass + shuttles||$45|
|10 pass + shuttles||$80|
|15 pass + shuttles||$115|
|20 pass + shuttles||$145|
|Toddler - passenger run *||$3|
|* Any child accompanying a paying adult as a passenger, $3 per run.|
|Family package includes:
2 adults & up to 3 children; or
1 adult & up to 4 children
|Age and height restrictions:
- Children must be at least 6 years old or 120 cm or taller to be allowed to ride a scooter.
- Children must show that they can ride, balance and stop the scooter before being allowed to ride any tracks.
- Parents discretion to be used, which is wholly dependent on child's riding skill and ability.
* Kids up to 7 years old and 120 cm or shorter can ride as a passenger for $3 per run.
*Discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Bookings are essential.
Bookings not required, but are recommended – all welcome during opening hours.
What do I wear?
Comfortable clothing suitable for the outdoor environment as well as closed shoes for safety and comfort. A rain or wind breaker is also recommended to keep the chill or rain off if it’s not a sunny day.
- Monster Scooter,
- Safety Equipment,
- Heaps of fun!
1. Get to know your Monster Scooter!
These scooters are nothing like your everyday, garden variety scooter. With pumped-up off-road tyres and incredible suspension, they’re designed to easily traverse the bumpiest of tracks. A wide, grippy platform and robust steering mechanism makes handling a breeze, while your youngest passengers are able to easily stand in front of you, holding the bar for support. They feature high quality front and back disc brakes which are easy to apply.
2. Practice makes perfect!
Once you’ve chosen your Monster Scooter, it’s time for your training session. We take safety VERY seriously, so you’ll need to learn some basic skills before we can send you out into the wild! You’ll be given a safety briefing, after which you’ll be fitted with a helmet and gloves. Gloves are optional, but recommended.
Please read the HeadsUp very important rules and regulations.
|Rules Before a Run!
Our HeadsUp team need to keep you safe, whilst you enjoy a thrilling, fun run.
Please follow these rules at all times:
|- Riders to be in good health, and free from any knee, back and neck problems. Please ask one of our crew if you have any concerns or queries.
- Unfortunately pregnant ladies will need to 'sit this one out' and take some time out at our HeadsUp Cafe.
- Should you have any other medical concerns, please advise crew before purchasing a ticket. eg: recent surgery, epilepsy, heart condition, high blood pressure etc.
- Helmets to be worn at all times, gloves optional but recommended. No helmet, NO run!
- Left hand = back brake; right hand = front brake. Always keep one to two fingers on each brake lever.
- ALWAYS ride to your ability.
- Respect other riders on the track, and give way to faster riders.
- NEVER stop around a corner.
- NO alcohol or drugs.
- Adhere to all signs.
- Lastly, have fun!
3. Choose your track and get scootering!
Our experienced crew will help you choose the best starting track for your level. Which track we help you choose will depend on your age, skill and ability – although we do have certain restrictions which must be adhered to for the safety of all riders. The tracks are categorised according to the designed gradient; from a fun, meandering track, right through to our more challenging, adrenalin-pumping tracks, which have been designed and constructed to keep all ages and abilities satisfied and happy.